Making Cash On The Web is a serious attempt to compile useful information about making money on the internet. It is a combination of things that I have learned myself, as well as information culled from other sources. It is NOT about get rich quick schemes, or wierd marketing programs. I am not going to sell you anything.
There are three ways to add images to your posts.
The first is to show a picture that you are hosting yourself. Here are the steps:
1) Take a photo with a digital camera, or scan an existing picture.
2) Use your ftp program to upload the photo to your web server.
3) In your post, add an image link.
WordPress makes it really easy to add an image link. All you have to do is find the address of the photo you want to link to.
If the file is on your website in a folder called “photos”, the url would be http://www.domainname.com/files/photoname.jpg
Of if the picture is a “gif”, then replace .jpg with .gif
Put the cusor at the top of your post. Then click on the img button. A window will pop up. Type the address of the photo into the form. Then click Ok. It’s all done for you.
The basic syntax for an image link is as follows:
Another way is to find a picture that you like on the internet and do the following:
1) Hover the mouse pointer over the image. Right click and choose “Save Picture As”.
2) Save the picture to your computer.
3 ) Do steps 2 and 3 above.
This, of course, can lead you to all kinds of copyright and trademark issues. So be sure you have permission.
The final way is to find a picture that you like on the internet and do the following:
1) Hover the mouse pointer over the image. Right click and choose “Properties”
2) In the popup box will be a line that says “Address”. Highlight that line and copy it, using Control-C.
3) Go to your post
4) Type in
You also should get permission to do this, as it’s both stealing a photo, AND stealing bandwidth, because every time someone looks at your site, the site you have the photo linked from has to expend bandwidth to send the picture to your site. Of course, the likelihood that any one will find out is slim.
Continue to adjusting the size of the image.